We are very grateful to those who are willing to volunteer their time – and to those who have done so in the past – to help us make West View a great place for our residents to live . . . and for us to work.
We believe volunteering is such an important part of community life so we invite our community to become a volunteer at West View Healthy Living. By volunteering your time, you can help contribute to our mission of enhancing the quality of life for each of our residents. Volunteers can help in a number of ways, and we offer a variety of short-term and long-term opportunities.
There is always a need for dedicated volunteers. We value every one of our volunteers, as they compliment the efforts of our staff in providing the highest level of service and ensuring that the needs of each resident in our care are met.
- Life Enrichment Assistance (support with activity programs & events)
- Bedside Reading
- Musical Entertainment
- Resident Escort for Activities
- Fund Development Assistance (help with telephone solicitation of donations, sponsorships or ads for fundraising events)
- Friendly Visitors
- Providing Entertainment (sharing personal gifts & talents)
- Pet Therapy
- Collect “Wish List” items and donate them to West View Healthy Living . . . anything from items to be used for crafts, to CDs, DVDs, magazines, books or puzzles. Simply drop off items periodically or we will call you in a time of need.
- Special Events: Help out with one of our holiday celebrations, parties or picnics. If you have an idea for a special event, feel free to call and share it with us! We would be happy to help you implement it.
The West View Healthy Living Auxiliary
One of the most active opportunities for volunteering at West View Healthy Living is through our Auxiliary. Those who generously give in this capacity represent the gentle arms of a community dedicated to their area senior care provider. Lasting friendships have been made among the members who represent our Auxiliary. Energetic and organized, their work at West View is evident and greatly appreciated.
Our volunteer Auxiliary group was organized in 1964 to support the needs of West View by providing services that enhance the quality of life of the residents and aid the staff in the performance of their duties through financial assistance and volunteer activities in a manner consistent with the Christian gospel.
*Some of the past projects have included:
- Residents assistance fund
- Chaplaincy fund
- Handicapped accessible van for resident transportation
- Stained glass windows of the chapel
- Bird aviary
- Gift Shop of Town Square created and staffed through Auxiliary volunteers
*Current volunteering opportunities include:
- Work in the Gift Shop
- Deliver Mother’s and Father’s Day flowers
- Interact with and visit residents
- Help with wheelchairs for activities such as chapel services
- Act as liaisons with local church congregations
- Attend an annual Auxiliary meeting and luncheon each May
- Dip ice cream in the Ice Cream Café
Share your skills in serving the residents of West View Healthy Living. If you would like to participate with us as an Auxiliary volunteer, please fill out the form below. Or you may prefer to drop in at the Gift Shop and meet the volunteers working there. Joining the Auxiliary costs only $3.00 a year or $25.00 lifetime. We need your help and look forward to having you with us as we carry out the various volunteer opportunities and the mission of West View Healthy Living.
To learn more about the Volunteer Opportunities at West View Healthy Living, please contact Jackie Wolff at 330-264-8640.