Therapy / Rehab Lifestyle
Transitional Care at West View is much more than a place to recover following an illness or surgery. It’s education, assessment, evaluation and follow up. It’s a highly experienced and established team providing care that empowers you to be well throughout the entire recovery process.
We offer a variety of other treatments assiciated with illness, injury and other medical complexities including IV Therapy and wound care.
Working closely with our medical director, Dr. John K. Miller, your care team will include therapists, physicians, dietician, social workers, life enrichment coordinators and a nursing staff. They will all work together in developing and executing an individualized plan of care. Only at West View will you find a medical director on-site for six days per week…allowing us to care for even the most challenging medical complexities and reducing re-hospitalization.
In addition to the quality care and service that we provide to our patients during their stay with us, our care team also offers home assessments and educational resources to help ensure a safe return home. We work closely with our patients to provide them with everything needed to be successful at home – from sharing specific diagnosis-related information to teaching at-home exercises.
- Orthopedic conditions including joint repair or replacement
- Management of post-traumatic injuries (fractures, sprains, contusions, etc)
- Post-operative care
- Cardiac Rehab/CHF Management
- Stroke/Dysphasia Management
- COPD/Respiratory Management
- Enteral Feeding/TPN
- Ostomy/Wound Care
- IV Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Infectious Disease
- Chest Tubes
- Diabetes Management
Request a Brochure
We realize that not everyone enjoys looking at a website. To receive a brochure about our rehabilitation to home care, simply fill in the information and we will get one sent to you.
The primary goal of West View Healthy Living’s team of registered therapists and assistants is to maximize a person’s mobility, functionality and verbal expression.
Medically prescribed physical therapy treatments assist people whose functions are impaired through disease or health changes. The objective is to help individuals reach his or her maximum funtionality and return to prior level of function. Programs may include:
- Exercises to increase strength, endurance and functional mobility
- Pain managment
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Occupational therapists and assistants promote independence in functioning.
- Improves normal activities of daily living (ADL) such as toileting, bathing, dressing and homemaking tasks
- Helps individuals adapt to changes due to health problems
- May work on upper body strength, fine motor skills, splinting needs, homemanagement and adaptive equipment identification.
- Speech Therapy programs may be needed following a decline in function from a stroke, head injury or other changes in the brain.
- Therapists work on verbal expression and comprehension, memory, problem solving, reading and writing skills, swallowing exercises, and maximizing communication skills.
- West View’s Speech Therapists are able to perform vital stimulation, which helps to retrain muscles for swallowing
Request a Brochure
To receive a brochure about our rehabilitation to home care, simply fill in the information and we will get one sent to you.
Quite simply, our 17-bed Transitional Care Center is the most comprehensive, coordinated program you will find. Our goal is to offer everything you need — the education, the skilled care and the follow up. To be prepared, to be motivated, to recover and above all else, to be well and return home.
State-of-the-art rehabilitation gym
Comfortable, elegant dining room with open dining
Delicious and nutritious menu choices
17 Beautiful patient rooms
- All private rooms
- spa room
- Flat-screen TVs in each room with complimentary cable
- Complimentary wirless internet access and local telephone service
Request Your Brochure Today!
Sometimes paper is just better. To receive a brochure about our rehabilitation to home care, simply fill in the information and we will get one sent to you.